Sunday, November 14, 2010

CLIP0239 - Catfishing



Ole Tom

Soft shades of pinks and purples,
Dance upon the lake -
The sun slipped low beneath the horizon,
His nap to take.

The faint whisperings of a soft breeze
Beckoned me to linger still -
And bask in the bossom of Mother Nature,
Tranquility to feel.

Then the bell jingled - -
And my lazy muses were interrupted -
I found suddenly
A life or death struggle had erupted.

Startled, I jumped up -
Just as he pulled me.
He ran hard from side to side -
And adrenaline ran free.

Oblivious to my surroundings,
I focused only on the battle;
We fought - back and forth
As dusk did settle.

Towards dawn he grew tired -
Wearily I claimed victory.
There was Ole Tom -
On my line in all his glory.

Tired, limp and I thought, dying;
This mythical catfish, legendary at least -
Gave a sudden jerk - Splash!
And back home went the beast.

Yes, a night well spent -
Though no fish to take home;
But memories will abound
Of a night with nature and Ole Tom.

by:   Deborah J Coster (that's  Just Me Granny D)

Just Me Granny D

No comments:

Post a Comment